To process our pistachio shell powder, the raw material, the pistachio shell, is ground and sieved either into fine powders or coarser granules. It comes from local sources within a maximum of 400 kg and is diligently screened to comply with the highest quality standards. Availability is very good because pistachio cultivation in Spain has become increasingly interesting in the last few years. According to official sources, 25,000 acres of land are occupied with pistachio trees. Most pistachios are grown in the regions of Castilla-La Mancha, Andalucia and Aragón.
Pistachio Shell Granules in Personal Care
Pistachio shells have a characteristic beige to white color. Therefore, the powder is very light, in some instances even similar to natural marble granules. This unique hue makes pistachio shell granules a versatile bio-based ingredient. In small micron ranges (0-300μm) ithas a high opacity combined with good dispersion behavior and a soft texture. As a sought after natural ingredient, pistachio shell granules is mainly used by cosmetic formulators as a
- skin abrasive or exfoliator in body, face, hand, foot, lip and scalp scrubs
- dental abrasive to enhance the mechanical cleaning effect of toothpastes
- whitening agent, i.e. for vegan and all-natural face powders and makeup foundations
- rheology modifier in solid and semi-liquid formulae (e.g. creams, balms, decorative cosmetics)
- carrier for pigments, aromas and perfumes
- substrate for biodegradable glitter
- soap texturizer or as peeling grains in soap making
Mechanical Properties and Material Science Applications of Pistachio Shell Powder
Due to the hardness of the pistachio shell (approx. 3.5 according to Mohs), a variety of micron ranges are possible. Similar to walnut shell granules and olive stone powder, we make bespoke powder grades of pistachio shells to optimize the result in material science. More and more manufacturers of conventional plastics and wood-based materials seek a top-quality, bio-based ingredient as a replacement for synthetic micro particles to create innovative materials. This includes
- composites (e.g. wood-plastic composites): in many instances, our bio-powders are powerful substitutes for polyethylene or polyurethane fillers. Besides, lightweight applications benefit from the relatively low density of pistachio shell powder. In contrast to heavy calcium carbonate or other mineral powders, fruit stone powders have a density far below 1t per cubic meter
- MDF panels (medium-density fibreboards): especially for surface claddings, furniture, artworks and decorative finishes. Pistachio shell powder is a sustainable alternative to wood and adds a new look to engineered objects
- paints, resins, glues and inks, also for nature-inspired 3D printing of biomaterials, medical parts such as implants, auto parts, shipbuilding and aviation components, stationary and ceramic objects
As a reliable manufacturer and supplier BioPowder offers high grade fruit stone powders and bio-based abrasives without any chemical substances. Sustainability is our core value and we are proud to maintain our excellent product quality and services.
Take advantage of our direct sale benefits and international transportation to all EU countries (like France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, UK etc.) as well as worldwide. Contact us now!
Are you looking to buy pistachio shell in bulk?
The pistachio nut is a dry fruit with a hard, thin, and clear brown shell covering around the kernel. Many people are looking to buy pistachio shell in bulk
Finest Stylish and Classy pistachio shells for sale
Pistachio shells as abundant resources
Pistachio shells formerly regarded as waste could be used in wonderful ways and there has been an ever-growing demand for them on the international market. Pistachio shells use for different applications and should not end up in landfills.
What would we do with thousands of tons of leftover pistachio shells?
The recycling and utilization of agricultural wastes, in specific pistachio wastes, is considered to be an important step in environmental protection, energy structure, and agricultural development.
A few practices for re-use as follows:
- As a replacement for synthetic micro-particles by cosmetic formulators and manufacturers of plastics and wood-based materials
- As a renewable alternative to the fossil fire fuel
- Provide great soil drainage
- As mulch for shrubs and plants that require acid soils
- To reduce water pollution created by mercury emissions
- Be placed around the base of plants to deter slugs and snails
- Renewable energy and natural resource to make biogas (an alternative fuel produced by the breakdown of organic matter)
- To provide activated carbon
- Production of MDF and chipboard
- To convert into ethanol
- For the production of bio-composites
- As an alternative to chemical fertilizers
- Using the extraction of active ingredients in the pharmaceutical industry
- Production of tar by pyrolysis process which is rich in phenolic substances
- As a substrate for the production of edible mushrooms
Global (pistachio) nutshell market
Recycling of nutshells such as pistachio, almond, peanut, hazelnut is a modern conversion industry around the world. This trend is also expected to continue in the future. Nut wastes can be used in paper production and the wood industry and could help to reduce cutting down trees and prevent deforestation. Also, nut wastes as biofuels reduce greenhouse gas emissions which mitigate the effects of global warming, produced by fossil fuels. Japan is focusing on cellulose, the principal component of cashew nut shells to bio-plastic production. Australia burns macadamia shell waste to produce renewable energy. Italy uses hazelnut natural wrapping to create packaging for chocolates. Sub-Saharan Africa and India use peanut shells as a solid biofuel.
Status of Iranian pistachio shell export
Considering the approximately 30% of wastes for agricultural products in Iran as well as the importance of the processing industry in reducing wastes, biomass such as pistachio is extremely noteworthy. On average, there are approximately 520,400 tons of pistachio wastes per year in Iran, which is mostly related to the peeling of the product. It can produce about 256,410 tons of bio-oil,121,255 tons of char and 123,898 tons of gas fuel from pistachio wastes by pyrolysis, respectively. Furthermore, the amount of 103.5 million cubic meters of biogas can be achieved using anaerobic fermentation. The potential of 47.6 million liters ethanol production from total pistachio waste can be predicted. Therefore, it has the potential to become a major non-oil export for our country. Countries such as Turkey, Russia, China, and Syria are the main destinations of Iran pistachio shell export. The use of pistachio wastes in addition to economic benefits for investors will have positive environmental effects.
Shell of Pistachio export to Turkey
Turkey is a great trading partner export for Iranian pistachio shell and as our neighbor country imports substantial amounts annually from Iran. As regards, electricity production is expensive in turkey, using agricultural residues, in special, nutshells as an alternative to fossil fuels sounds economically, reliably, and sufficiently. In this country, major nutshell consumption is on households and businesses such as bakery products, hotels, universities, and other public buildings for the production of heat and power.
Since nutshell is a multipurpose by-product of nut industries, nut processing manufactories are a suitable place to provide them. Considering that Taher Group is a top-notch organization in production and processing pistachio, so you can buy pistachio shell in bulk safely.. We improve environmental sustainability by running an Eco-friendly business. We have a deep commitment to wisely use natural resources and the responsibility to recycle discarded shells of Iranian pistachio due to our ecosystem issues.
Like on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Pinstest
Follow on Instagram
Copyright © 2021 Humban Group, All Rights Reserved.